Okay, well the highlight of the day is of course, the wiener dog RACES!
Here's a photo of the starting gate. Four little compartments with a clear plexiglass door.
The raceway is coned off and the spectators have surrounded the track.
On your mark,
And they're OFF!
There is an assorted breed competition as well, so if you don't own a doxie don't feel bad...(someone even entered their english bull dog - he couldn't fit in the starting gate, so he just started from next to it on the grass)
At the end of the raceway is their owner screaming their head off so most of the dogs try to get to the finish line as fast as they can....
Of course some stop to bark at a neighbor...
If you'd like to read a little article about the event with a beautiful mention of yours truly, click HERE And if you want to see the photo slide show with some video of the races, click HERE
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm chewing something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down,
it automatically becomes mine.